Monday, April 23, 2007

My mother and I

Mother's Day is just at the corner. Even though my mother has been at the other side of the globe in Taiwan, I am still deeply dependent to her for emotional support and life consultant at some critical moments.
My mother has been a role model and a teacher to me because she is the one who shapes my philosophy and moral values.
My mother had been a helper to my father's business while being a full-time mother of two children. I remembered she used to spend time in doing homework with me and sat besides me during my piano practice on some nights after dinner. She also traveled with me when I came to the U.S. for the very first time and experimented the bus riding with me so that I learned how to take a bus from home to school. She also used many real life scenarios to teach us about morals, personal values, and interpersonal skills. Of course, she also lives as an example for us so that she practices what she preaches.
Now, I'd like to take this opportunity to express my great admire to all the great mothers I know, especially the greatest mom in the world, my dear mother.
I also would like to share the article from Wikipedia about when different countries celebrate the Mother's Day historically. Please click on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother

1 comment:

mindmaze said...

It is almost mothers day and I wanted to acknowledge the fact that mom's deserve more than just one day of appreciation. Throughout my childhood, I have seen my mother grow into beautiful woman. I say that because when I was younger, her and my father had troubles due to her indecission and attachment to her family. Her strong bond to her family made her a bit blind to the need of us. But throughout the years she has strived to grow from her experiences and become wise. Happy mommas day to all you moms.